Have you recently got married ? Then you probably be aware of a marriage certificate. After getting married, you need to get your marriage registered in the marriage registrar office that falls in your area. As per the marriage rules in India, the legal age for bride and bridegroom are 18 and 21 years respectively. You can apply for marriage registration free of cost within 1 months from the marriage date. Thereafter, a late fees of Rs 250 to Rs 300 is charged with the application form. Process to apply for the marriage certificate is given below:
- Complete the application form in all respect duly signed by Bride and Bridegroom.
- Fill two evidence’s basic details and get their sign on the application form.
- Affix one joint photograph on the application form and attach two photographs with it.
- Bride and bridegroom should sign in a way on the form so that half sign should appear on the photograph and half on the application form.
- Attach affidavit of bride, bridegroom and their parents which clearly indicate place and date of the marriage.
- Attach a marriage invitation card with the application form.
- Attach a copy of banquet hall rent receipt where wedding ceremony is solemnised.
- Attach 5 marriage photographs which clearly depict marriage of bride and bridegroom.
- Attach a certificate issued by the priest who solemnised the marriage.
- Attach copy of address proof of bride and bridegroom separately.
- Attach copy of age proof of bride and bridegroom separately.
- Submit the application form in marriage registrar office.
You will get the marriage certificate within 15-20 days from the application submission date. Keep getting updates from the marriage registrar office regarding your marriage certificate after submitting the application form.