The process of hiring new candidates to fill the vacancies in a company is known as recruitment. Effective recruitment is important in achieving high organizational goals. Employment recruitment is composed of various stages which are:
- Verifying a Vacancy
- Preparing the Job Specification
- Finding the Candidates
- Interviewing the Candidates
- Issuing a Job Offer
In general, recruitment, and selection seems to be quite similar but there is slighter difference between the two terms.
- Recruitment is a process of searching the candidates for employment, and inducing them to apply for jobs in the organization. While selection involves a number of steps by which the candidate are tested for selecting the most suitable person for vacant posts.
The main purpose of recruitment is to create a team of talented candidates to ensure the selection of best candidates for the organization. Recruitment helps in attracting more candidates to apply in the organization. Whereas the basic purpose of selection process is to choose the right candidate to fill the vacant positions in the organization.
- Recruitment is considered as the positive process because it encourages more candidates to apply whereas selection is considered as a negative process as it involves rejection of the unsuitable candidates.
- Recruitment is concerned with using the sources of human resources whereas selection is concerned with selecting the most suitable candidate through various interviews and tests.