Are you planning to get your marriage registered but not aware with the documents required for the same ? Do not panic, you are not the only one who is facing such problem. Many people skip their marriage registration process due to unaware of the procedure for the same. They even does not have much information about the documents required to get the marriage registered. This article describes you about all the documents required for marriage registration process. Supporting documents that needs to be submitted along with the marriage registration application form are given below:
- 2 evidence detailed information along with their signature should be filled on the application form who have attended the marriage ceremony. These evidence can be relatives of bride or bridegroom.
- 6 affidavits (Bride, bridegroom and their parents) stating place and date of marriage. Residential address mentioned in affidavit should be same as appearing in the address proof submitted with the form.
- Bride and Bridegroom’s joint photographs one to affix on the application form and two to attach with it.
- One marriage invitation card.
- A copy of banquet hall or community centre’s rent receipt where marriage function is solemnised.
- 5 marriage photographs which clearly depicting marriage of bride and bridegroom are clearly visible. In these photos:
a. Bride and the bridegroom exchanging garland.
b. Bride and the bridegroom encircling the sacred fire.
c. Bridegroom marking the bride’s forehead with vermilion.
d. Bridegroom putting a wedding necklace around bride’s neck.
e. Bride and Bridegroom appearing with their parents.
- A certificate from the priest is required who solemnised the marriage.
- Address proof of bride and bridegroom. Documents that can be used as address proof are:
a. Ration Card
b. Voter ID Card
d. Driving License
e. BPL Card
- Age proof of bride and bridegroom. Documents that can be used as age proof are:
a. Birth Certificate
b. Matriculation Certificate
d. Medical certificate indicating age issued by a gazetted medical officer
Submit marriage registration application form along with these documents in marriage registrar office of your area. Marriage certificate is issued free of cost when applied within 30 days from the marriage date. Thereafter a penalty of Rs 250 to Rs 300 is charged. Marriage certificate is issued within maximum of 3 weeks after receiving the application form.